Differences with Aluminum head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Differences with Aluminum head
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:34:42 GMT
Today while assembling the B I ran into a few snags (imagine that).  I have
an aluminum standard head from Northwest Imports (can't find their email
address) whose threads seem to be different from stock.  The manifold
threads are coarse instead of fine and the spark plugs from the old head do
not seem to fit in the aluminum head.  I resolved the manifold problem by
running a coarse thread into the hole and finding a set of matching studs at
the local parts store.  Tomorrow morning I want to run and get plugs but I
don't know what size to get or how to messure any ideas or experience in
this situation?  What are the plug numbers to look for?  I was thinking of
NGK's.

Thanks

Dereck