Too much traffic

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Too much traffic
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:16:22 -0400
Gentlemen,

I seem to be getting huge amounts of email, most of which is not really
wanted.  I subscribe to four lists and I am getting over 150 emails a day
and this after cancelling one list due to the ridiculous and trivial
messaging.  As an example people would broadcast such messages as "Got the
****** car out of the garage today and it fired up first time - Thought you
would all like to know " or "Thanks Bill - I will see you at the **** car
show next week".   Being sort of semi-retired I wonder if those still on
the treadmill are even more impacted than I.  Could we perhaps have an
un-official set of rules and my suggestions are as follows remembering that
they are intended to reduce traffic.

1) Send silly replies and comments to the original message sender ONLY

2) Do not send "thank yous".  It should be part of the email mind set that
all your recipients thank you!!

3) If you do send "thank yous" send it to the sender ONLY - not the whole
confounded Team list.

4) Do not send cute replies to off-subject messages to the whole bloody list

5) Do not subject the whole list to off-topic material.  If you have an
urge to comment on politics, patriotism, or similar non-car related
subjects join a chat list and use that !

6) Do NOT respond to off-topic messages no matter how tempting it might be!

7) Use the list for ASSISTANCE in all matters such as location of hotels,
people, wives(!) and as a sounding board but not for personal views.

8) Ensure that your "Subject" CLEARLY describes your missive.

Regards
Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net