RE: Water Damaged

To: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water Damaged
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:54:23 -0400
Decide which features you can't live without, which you think you'll need, and
which are luxuries. Then go out and price them. A timing light with an advance
control is a great tool, you can test vacuum advance units, and set timing
more precisely. A simple dwell/tach is all I've ever used, so in that respect,
ignorance is truly bliss, I guess I just don't know what I'm missing.
As for brand names, I've used the professional brands (Snap-On, Matco), and
the
store bought units (Sears Craftsman, Sun) both are fine, it just comes down to
price and availability. For my money, Craftsman is the best buy. Sears stores
are everywhere, and that lifeltime guarantee works for me ;-p

Joe
'75 Roadster
Lowered and Loud.

>===== Original Message From "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu> =====
>I am looking to replace my timing light and dwell-tach. meter which were
partially submerged in water after some mild flooding in my garage during
recent heavy rainfall.   I us these instruments for the MGA and Lotus 7.
The instruments were
>taken apart and dried out but the timing light now works erratically and the
dwell-tach meter reads high.   I have had them for many years and am sorry to
lose them.   Pricing at the local auto. stores shows them to be priced over a
large range,
>with the dwell-tach. meter incorporating several other functions which I
won't need.    Any suggestions on brands and sources for replacements?