Re: MGA Misc.- cont'd

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Misc.- cont'd
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:08:55 EDT
In a message dated 11/08/00 11:44:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Thanks to all who responded to my enquiries re. sway bar and tach. revs.
>  The rear end I checked out and found it to be a 4.33.    So why would the
> tach. read ~4300 at 60mph, I asked myself, unless the the tach. is goofy.
> To check this I attached a meter and found to my surprise that both
> instruments were in synch. at 1k, 2k, 3k, &4k revs.    Undaunted, I
borrowed
> another electronic instrument only to find the same story.    My intuition
> tells me that my car tach. needs help, but can anyone explain what is going
> on with the meters?

I missed the first part of this, but I won't let that stop me.
Check the speedo gear in the trans - maybe you have one for a different diff
ratio and your tach (a mechanical one, if stock) is just fine.

Oh yes - and use a 5/8" front bar, or at most a 3/4" one on an A for the
street (NO rear bar!), and unless you did a typo, your 4.33 rear end is
either a 4.3 (10 tooth pinion, 43 tooth crown), or you have a unique ratio ;-)

Bill