Bleeding C

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding C
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:18:18 +1000
Hi all,

Well my Cars finally arrived from the USA this week, after almost 2 years of
waiting!! I'm busy preparing the CGT to register and the Exporter did me a
real favour - not - draining the Brake and Clutch fluid.

Now this CGT has dual brake boosters and I've never had an MG with boosters
in the system so am not sure about how to bleed the system correctly. I
tried my usual method modified per C workshop manual. ie I started at rear
offside brake and used short strokes on the pedal like it says to do in the
Workshop manual. But - I don't hardly see any fluid exiting through the one
way bleed valve/tube I use - and neither at any wheel. Don't understand what
I'm doing wrong here. Never have problems with the A, but that has the
single line system and no boosters of course - much easier.

The system was completely dry to start with. Am I approaching this from the
wrong way, the manual says to do it at the wheels, but do I have to bleed
elsewhere - ie the boosters?!

Any advice would be great! :)

Cheers,
Neil