Rubber Bumper Buggy, Baby

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rubber Bumper Buggy, Baby
From: Kimo Tichgelaar <77MGB@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:09:43 -0700 (PDT)
I am refinishing bits of my rubber bumper roadster, including a fresh coat
of paint on the bumpers.  While the rear bumper is in good condition, the
front bumper is pitted, especially around the two openings in the top.  It
is in good shape otherwise, so I would like to retain it (as I could do lots
for the $750 a new one would run).  Any suggestions on filler for the pits?
Bondo seems too rigid, but I was considering buying some RTV Rubber as a
patch, if it will bond to the old material.  Any suggestions, comments,
experiances that might help would be appriciated.

TIA

Kimo Tichgelaar
"A man with a good car needs no justification/
Fate is in my hands, and in the transmission."
-Gang of Four

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html