RE: Brake fluid: Whats the deal?

To: "'Ray Kunst'" <RKunst@C-K.com>,
Subject: RE: Brake fluid: Whats the deal?
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:56:18 -0400
Geez, I've been using DOT 4 for a couple of years in my A and since I got my
B in Jan.  Good brakes and no ill effects, so far.
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that DOT 4 was not avail when said MC
were originally produced and the phrase was meant to prevent use of less
than DOT 3.
I'm certainly curious to hear more learned opinions though.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA (GT LMA all the way)
80 MGB (GT LMA and new rotors and pads)