Re: rear numberplate lamps

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear numberplate lamps
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:51:06 +0100
That is exactly what I had to do, there was just no path through the
newly-painted mounting brackets.  You can either do the same with the fronts
(CB only, RBs have a grounding wire) or do what I did and run a nut onto
each light-fitting stud before placing fitting against body, then using a
second nut on each stud as normal.  This clamps the light-fitting very
firmly onto the panel, I used dabs of Waxoyl to prevent corrosion.  In my
case I did it to space the fitting away from the body to stop the chrome
lens retainer from cutting into the paint.  I had to use three gaskets
between fitting and body instead of one to fill the gap.

PaulH.