Re: Spring sizes and CA trip

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Spring sizes and CA trip
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:01:37 -0500
Hi Craig,

  An update on the ''69 MGB front spring saga.  I found some used '75
springs, which are ID'd by orange paint marks and are ~10 1/4" long.
Put them in my B and the ride height was ~15" & 15 1/4".  Too high!  The
'75s are not only longer but presumably stiffer.   Put my original
springs back in, height now ~13 1/2".  This is ~1/4" higher than before
the suspension rebuild.  Maybe all those new bushings make a diff.  The
old springs are ID'd by blue paint.  The "stock" 264-375 springs sold by
Moss are ID'd by an orange and a blue dot.  Wrong springs?  Too soft
springs?  Anyway, Moss say I can return them.

  There is a spacer available from Moss UK thru the CA w'hse, 264-325,
$12.95 ea., that raises the height approximately 3/16".  The article I
found them in sez you can use a max of two a side.  They go above the
springs.   Just FYI.

  Heading for Happy Camp, CA tomorrow or the day after.  It's near
Yreka.  Any listers up that way?

  Safety Fast,

  CR