Re: What's going on with my distributor?

To: "Charles Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: What's going on with my distributor?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:38:14 +0100
Firstly you really should do them in the order valves, ignition then carbs.

Altering the timing by 15 degrees either way should make a clear difference
to idle speed if nothing else.  Rather than just swinging the distributor
about did you try to set the timing to the specified figure with a light?
If not, why not!  And if you did, why were you swinging the distributor
about?

PaulH.