Backfire

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Backfire
From: RETWIZBANG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:53:56 EDT
I've been patiently trying to get a 1969 MGB to run for about a month.  So
far, I have cleaned and sealed the gas tank, installed all new fuel hoses,
filter, tune-up, and I switched the Weber which came with the car for
original SU dual carbs.  I have the same symptoms as before - BACKFIRE -
through the exhaust and carbs.  The car idles fine, but as soon as I rev, it
backfires like crazy - the mothers grab their youngns for fear of a drive-by
shooting (automatic weapons fire).  Any clues?  Thanks.

Rich Townsend
Manassas, VA
69 MGB
75 TR6