Re: Brake bleeding question

To: waltcpa@sierra.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding question
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:07:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/00 11:42:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
waltcpa@sierra.net writes:

<< Now I've seen both bleed from farthest to closest and closest to
 farthest in recent times.  Is there a reason for each or is one "more
 correct" or does it matter?  I've always gone closest to farthest. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have always read that it should be the longest run first.  I have a Midget,
and am not familiar with the brake lines on a B.  On my car, the left rear is
the longest run, then the right rear, then right front, then left front.  The
single rear flex hose connects to a T on the passenger side of the rear axle,
making the left rear longer than the right rear.  Make sure you check it.
(LHD car!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget