Re: Dumb question du jour

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dumb question du jour
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:47:21 -0700
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 11:03:45PM -0400, TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

> Proper MG's don't have donuts....so what kind of car are we talking about
> here?  must be a Triumph!!

It's a 1969 Triumph B-GT.  At just about 8PM tonight I found out that when
the muffler shop fixed my exhaust leak they ran 1 3/4" pipe all of the
way up to the manifold, rather than the stock 1 1/2".  Kragen was closed,
fortunately Winchester was open till 9 and they had donuts of the right
diameter, but unfortunately they were too thick.

Arrgh.  I just got my cylinder head back tonight and my race is Saturday.
I really wanted to get some miles on the head before the race and make sure
that it really does work.  I wonder how early I'll be able to get the
parts in the morning, i.e. can I do this without being too late for
work?

After all this, I hope that I have at least a chance of keeping up with
the other MGBGT in the race.  By the way, I'm still short on crew, so if
anyone thinks that it would be fun to spend this weekend (just Sat and Sun)
about 90 miles north of Sacromento off I-5, watching British and other
sportscars try to end up right where they started in as short of a time
as they can, let me know.

    Larry

--
Million Monkey Software -
Our code sucks, but you should see this thing we wrote called Hamlet.