Old Friends

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Friends
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:13:27 +0000
Folks,
Got off the phone last night after calling an old MG friend who long ago
moved to Calif. We haven't seen each other for over 25 years, just how
things went. Anyway, when he picked up the phone and I heard his voice
it was amazing. He was thrilled to hear from me and we picked up our
conversation as if we last saw each other the night before. A very
comfortable friendship.
Lonnie helped me paint my TD many years earlier in a garage in the
Bronx! At the time he had a gorgeous Gray TF, "the Gray Ghost", that had
the largest pair of airplane lights mounted up front. One trek we were
making to a NEMGTR meet at night had me ahead of Lonnie and I was caught
in his headlights. Felt like my head was going to melt, but saw
everything up ahead for what seemed like 5 miles!
We talked about all the fun we had back then I told him we had to get
together. I hope we do.
In the meantime, Does anyone on the list live near Laguna Niguel? Let me
know. If you can stop by with your MG and take this guy for a ride, tell
him Dave sent you.
Cheers,
Dave Houser