RE: Why does oil cost so much in the UK?

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Why does oil cost so much in the UK?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:36:42 -0600
Simon, I have the feeling the *cost* of oil is pretty consistent across the
world, however the retail price may vary.  My guess as to the reason the retail
price may vary from country to country would be due to taxes.

The cost of a US quart of oil in the USA could be as low as $.75US to as high as
$8.00US for some synthetic oils.  I don't know what the price is on the other
side of the pond, but maybe it doesn't vary that much?

Larry Hoy