Generator query

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator query
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:58:44 -0400
The question pertains not to my MGA but to the currently unhealthy Lotus 7.  I
am experiencing discharging of the battery which does not retain enough power
to turn over the engine.   What test can I run on the generator to find out if
it is indeed charging the battery?   The system has a -ve ground.   Any help
appreciated as I am hoping to take the car to Battle of the Brits in Sterling
Heights,  Mi . this week-end.   Recently while out running with other Brit.
cars I was informed that my headlights were extremely dim.