Re: OD transmission and timing switch

To: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: OD transmission and timing switch
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:38:06 -0700
Well, my car ('79B), currently inoperative for other reasons, had some
issues and we checked the timing and saw it was set at 15 degrees, instead
of 10.

We set it to 10 and it ran noticeably worse.

Why?

PO, or his mechanic, had advanced the timing to make up for the fact that
it wasn't firing on one of the cylinders.  It wasn't that obvious at 15
degrees, but very noticeable at 10 degrees.

So, try putting it at what it ought to be for your car, and then try
tracking down the reason why it's running worse.

- Tab