I'm stumped, full text

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm stumped, full text
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:02:36 EDT
I try to work things out on my own before coming to The List--the fact the GT
is on the road is proof of that--but this one has me stumped.  My
roadster--until now--has had no real brake problems.  Last spring I fried a
front wheel bearing, and caused the disk pads on that side to get very hot.
I replaced both bearings and the pads.  Now, however--and I'm uncertain
exactly when this started--after I drive a few miles and step on the brakes,
the rear seems to fade briefly to the left before everything evens out and
brakes straight ahead.  At speed the fade gets considerable.  I have done
this "hands off" and the front is not pulling.  Also, the U-bolts on the rear
axles are fine...there is no torque steer during acceleration.  I have
adjusted the rear brakes so they certainly are not dragging, and all the
wheels seem equally warm after shutdown.  Here's my question--what the heck?

Sorry for the first incomplete message.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT