Re: Don't see these to often/Ebay

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Don't see these to often/Ebay
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:17:40 -0400
At 10:02 PM 09/15/2000 -0700, Bullwinkle wrote:
>They made less than 100 of these, or was it 100 coupes and 100 convertables.
>Anyway, I've seen a couple of these restored and they are a beautiful car.
 The
>fenders aren't stamped but are hand made of many pieces welded together.
>
>Blake

 These are wonderful cars. Without too much history, the car came about
when"Whacky Arnolt" a self made American industrialist millionaire from the
midwest saw a design body prototype , hand built by a young  and struggling
Italian designer named Bertone. He liked the design so much, he
commissioned Bertone to build a hundred bodies, and bought from MG a
hundred TD chassis. The car was beautiful, way ahead of its time in style,
but not in performance as the TD was far from a rocket, and especially not
fast  with the added weight of the Bertone Body.

These cars are very desirable, and from this design Bertone went on to
world fame

Mike