Re: Petronix update

To: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Petronix update
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:48:15 -0400
At 07:02 PM 9/17/00 -0400, David Deutsch wrote:
>Someone once told me "90% of all MG electrical problems are the carbs" :-)
>
>Carl W French wrote:

I am at a loss here and give up. I could not even get the car going this AM
to take it to my shop. thought for sure it was the spark side of it but I
have changed everything but the dizzy itself (a possible problem). Have had
some problems with the rear carb all year.

Does anyone know of a possible erratic fuel pump problem that could send
fuel at very low and very high pressures? Seemed very high today when
checking flow. Had a time a couple of days where it seemed to not work for
a bit. The pump is new in June. had throttle shafts rebushed this winter, I
put in new rear float needle last month (had ridge). Had to miss very nice
show today because of all this and I have to use a AAA chit again. How many
do I get Dave with AAA plus?

I am wondering if timing could have gradually gone from spot on to very bad
to non-existant . What can cause that? I know next to nothing about that
part of the car.

Carl French
67B/doorstop