Re: Torque Spec Needed...

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque Spec Needed...
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:42:03 +0000
Bullwinkle wrote:

> As a former teacher, I was constantly asked questions by students

Ahhh so NOW the truth comes out.  Yep, those darn students and their
pesky questions (ooops, I may have quoted a tad out of context there
:-)

> which they could find themselves if they would only look.  But, it
> is easier (laziness) to ask than to try to find it themselves.

But that is the beauty of this ongoing conversation that we call a 'mail
list'.  You can drop in, 24 hours a day, and ask a world-wide
knowledgable group of people for advice or assistance.  Yes, as a
HelpDesk person myself, I can get a tad irritated when most of the
questions I am asked can be answered by querying 'the oracle' - the
Internet - which is where I immediately go to if I don't have the answer
in my head - now why didn't THEY do that...?

Probably because, as I have been castigated when I have suggested this
(at a time when I may have been in a grumpy mood), I seem to take my
'Net searching abilities for granted.  Some people are just not as good
at research - which may frustrate YOU, but it is no need to get stuck
into THEM about it.

This ain't school, you know.  We don't pick on poor spelling or poor
grammar either (well, not LAWAYS:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII

Where the only stupid question - is the one you ask me when I am
hungover!