Re: electrical problem..need advice

To: DMKap@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electrical problem..need advice
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:00:50 -0400
David,

That's odd - I don't think anyone has EVER reported an electrical problem
with their MG/LBC. Hmm...

:)

Actually, it sounds like the alternator might be flaking out - either
brushes loose or worn or something similar?  Or maybe just a bad wire
connection? I'm sure someone else can give a better diagnostic route, but
it would probably explain the glow and the fail to charge.  Likewise I've
heard of some device that is responsible for "coordinating" some of this
stuff (like a $30 switch), but I can't think of where it is or what its
name is...

However, I'm just learning this stuff, so my expertise on a scale from 1 to
10 might run about 4, tops.

- Tab