Re: rod bearing replacement

To: Julie Ann Phillips <jphillips@cvalley.net>
Subject: Re: rod bearing replacement
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:36:37 -0500
  Yer darn right it's unusual!  Are you saying the entire bearing shell
was in the pan?  Can't see how that could happen if the rod's intact.
Sure you don't mean there were soft metal particles in the pan?

  Anyhoo, replace all four rod bearings.  If you put in just the one
it'll starve for oil because it will have less clearance than the other
three and the bulk of the oil will go thru them. The other three are
probably in need of replacement anyway.  You've apparently been lucky so
far and there's no sense to push your luck.

  Good luck,

  CR