Re: Correct fuel pressure for Weber downdraft carbs?

To: lundgren@byu.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Correct fuel pressure for Weber downdraft carbs?
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:59:08 EDT
Andrew,

Most of the pumps we have on our LBC's are Low Pressure pumps under about
3psi with a rating of about 2.5 to 4.5 which will work just fine with any of
the carbs on our cars such as the Weber and SU.  The reason one would want to
use a regulator is say for instance you buy an aftermarket pump that is a
high pressure pump usually 4-7psi.    This would be too much for our carbs
therefore the need for the regulator.  If you do have a regulator on the car
then it should be set right around the 3-3.5 psi mark no higher.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

In a message dated 9/21/00 10:36:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,