Re: Fuel Regulator Choice

To: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Regulator Choice
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:28:11 -0500
I've had experience with two:

Purolator makes a chrome dial style regulator that runs from 1-5 psi. I've
seen alot of these used on lbc's and american iron as well. Mine had problems,
it would regulate for 'awhile' then stick closed causing the float bowls to
empty until I gave it a nudge. YMMV  :) About $20 at just about any auto
supply house (NAPA, AutoZone, TrakAuto, PEP Boys...).

Got tired of that and bought a Holley 'street' regulator. It comes in plain
alum. or chrome and has a allen screw pressure adjuster. Much more reliable.
Found mine at the local hot rod shop for ~$20, also available from Jegs
(http://www.jegs.com). Moroso makes a small dial style low pressure fuel gauge
that I used to set the pressure. Has a 1/4 NPT fitting so you can add a nipple
for testing or if your so inclined you can pipe it inline for constant
monitoring. About $20 as well.

I can also recommend Holley's street pump (the red one, about $60) for a
replacement pump, available from the same sources.

Jeff
'70B