Re: Oh Sh*^

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:50:37 -0700
Larry, I think you are getting paranoid.  With oil pressure like that
your bearings are fine.  If the thrust bearing is disintegrating you
have time to find and rebuild another engine.  Don't do anything, just
drive it and check the oil with a magnet next time you change it.  That
won't pick up bearing material, but will steel. If you see particles
that aren't picked up, then your thrust bearing is probably the
culprit.  I don't think you will be able to change more than half of it
though without removing the crank.
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle