Useless parking brake fixed!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Useless parking brake fixed!
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:46:00 -0700
Thanks to the person who mentioned welding the actuating lever!  (The
original msg is on my work computer so I don't know who that was.)

The lever is designed with notches on both the long arm and short arm
that goes through the backing plate, but the notch on the short arm was
the problem.  The notch would just bite into the web of the shoe and
stop well before actuating the shoes.  So, I completely filled the notch
with weldment and voila, I have a parking brake for the first time in 30
years!

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions.
--
Stuart MacMillan