Re: Was-British vs. English (sorta LBC related)-Now-Royal MG's

To: "mg's" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Was-British vs. English (sorta LBC related)-Now-Royal MG's
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:33:30 +0930
On  Wednesday, September 27, Charlie asked

>   For LBC content, does any member of the English royal family drive a
> LBC?

Dont know if any drive 'em now--but-

Prince Phillip  MGTC
Prince Charles  MGC-GT  [While he was at Cambridge university]

Princess Ann  'Scimitar'  <sp>  [I think]
Di had a 'Mini' [I think]

The MGC-GT is owned by 'Chuck' to this day and is garaged at their
Sandringham weekender.  Color is mineral blue, registration mark
SGV 776F.  This information I got from the MG Owners club Magazine some
years ago when I had an MGC roadster now long gone! sigh.

Pip in the TC.
There is a write up plus an illustration of a navel officer sitting in a TC
in "The T series handbook".   The caption to the painting/illustration is-
'The famous M.G. artist, Harold Connally, shows Prince Phillip getting some
of the post-war pool petrol for his new TC.   So Pip was driving an M.G.
when he was courting Betty Windsor, neat, eh?

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.
P.S. Any  points for netiquette?