RE: The ugliest MGA ever

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The ugliest MGA ever
From: "Roger Los" <roger@los.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:55:01 -0700
Tom wrote:

> I'm combing through ym local online car classifieds and
> stumbled upon this
> abomination of an MG.....see for yourself...

http://www.bargainnews.com/BNO/photo.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&Ad_ID=90003764.0&T
heDealer=902&Desc=Foreign%20Cars&Uq=2&SV=0&SN=aw8470te98dh

Oh, I don't know, I kinda like...wait, I don't need a shot yet, hey!...watch
it!...Mommy! OK, I feel better. Groggy, but better. That one is pretty
gross, but I think most of us have seen some pretty grim stuff in the course
of answering ads in the local papers. I once went to look at an MGA that had
a hardtop--it was the regular soft top which had been fiberglassed over. The
rest of the car matched the innovative top.

There's a local guy who has a rubber-bumpered Midget with so many awful
things on it, from the matte black paint job with a white diamond painted on
it (one point at the bonnet's front end, one point at the rear, and one at
each door bottom), continental kit (!), cloth spats over the rear wheels,
"custom" interior, etc., etc., etc.--including a soft top which, once
erected, doesn't allow the doors to be opened. The list is endless, and
awful. (Hey, buddy, if you're on this list, to each their own and all that,
but...yerck.)

Roger Los