Re: Tach face replacement

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach face replacement
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:41:02 -0700
The needle in my 66 seemed to be a press fit, but yours is probably
different. You could try a drop of solvent to dissolve the glue, but you
would want to be careful not to get it on the good tach face. Not sure
what would be an effective solvent in this case... I might try rubber
cement thinner ("Bestine" brand, cleans up almost anything), nail polish
remover, lighter fluid, lacquer thinner...

With heat, it would be best to apply it in as limited an area as
possible... a soldering iron with a narrow tip might be just the thing.
Good luck.

Enrique Claure had this to say:

--

Max Heim