MGA sighting (in a movie).........

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA sighting (in a movie).........
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:17:07 EDT
I saw the Elvis movie "Blue Hawaii" for the first time in many years this
evening. It was on American Movie Classics. The featured car that Elvis
drives is a beautiful red 61' MGA 1600 roadster. The babe he drives around
with in the movie is also beautiful as well ! Its a great combination. Maybe
its just because I admire them , but it seems they spend a lot of time
showing this car in many scenes. Cruising around Honolulu in an MGA roadster
would be my idea of a great way to see our 50th state ! The car has the
original white wall tires on it and they look great. I haven't seen many
MGA's with the original whitewall tires, but they do look pretty nice. The
car had steel wheels and a black interior. Its possible it was a Twin cam,
but I couldn't tell. If that particular car is still on the road its
definately got some history behind it. Did Elvis ever have an MG or MGA? I
have been to Graceland a couple of times, but it seems like most of his
automobiles were a little more exotic. I remember an Isetta and a Stutz
Blackhawk that are still part of the museum collection. But he had so many
vehicles over the years it would probably be difficult to determine whether
he owned anything British. Are there any Elvis fans out there who might
remember a LBC in his stable of cars?

                       Best regards to everyone on the List.................

                         Bill Dillstrom....

1962 MGA MKII Roadster....Olde antique white with tan leather interior....
1979 MGB Roadster.... with o/d....marine blue with autumn leaf interior
1948 model American male behind the wheel..........

                "Keep your chin up and your top down"