Re: How's this for a timing method?

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How's this for a timing method?
From: Hlsinger@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:23:29 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/00 4:42:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

> really isn't that different from filling up with premium to start
>  with, advancing until it pings, and then backing off a few degrees,

I have used basically this method for years on stationary gasoline, LPG and
natural gas engines when caught without a timing light (or continuity tester
on points style ignition).  Just be sure you back off far enough.  Good idea
to check with a light as soon as possible.  Never tried changing fuel. I
guess in theory it would help in finding the starting point.

Alex H.
71 Midget
Tulsa, OK