Re: NON LBC, Trip to England, Dollars to Pounds

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NON LBC, Trip to England, Dollars to Pounds
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:55:27 -0700
My bank (Wells Fargo) let me order foreign currency on the web and have
it delivered to my house by courier, for a small fee ($5 or less), a real
time saver. I recommend having at least 100 dollars worth of local
currency per person in hand on arrival, since the airport exchange rates
may not be the best, and taxis and the Heathrow express train are
surprisingly expensive. American Express will issue traveler's checks
through the web, also.

I had no trouble with my VISA or MasterCard in London or, more recently,
Spain. And some, but not all, ATMs will accept your US cards. I suggest
looking it up on your bank's website -- your ATM card will be linked to
some sort of network (Star, Cirrus, etc), and there will be a list of
locations supporting those networks, by country.

Larry Hoy had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149