Re: "Where the Rubber Meets the Road"

To: Editorgary@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Where the Rubber Meets the Road"
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:37:33 GMT
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:10:44 EDT
Editorgary@aol.com writes:

>...Didn't want to give you MGB drivers short rations but it seemed to me
>you were in a pretty enviable position relative to the guys who still have
>to try to find 15-inch or 16-inch tires for their vintage machinery.
>
>Cheers
>Gary Anderson
>Editor, British Car Magazine

Gary,

You are very right.  I don't want to come off sounding like a whiney stupid
MG owner, although I do feel that way sometimes.  I'll admit I'm only 30
years old, but hey... I'm the second owner of my BRG 1970 MGB, I've done all
the repairs myself for the past 14 years, and I grew up with a 1937 Cord in
the garage so I figure that counts for something.  I'm just saying that, I'm
a MG owner who can replace my wheel bearings, but I'm not up on the lastest
tire issues or even knows what to consider when upgrading to modern tires.
Replacing parts is the easy part.  What tires to buy and why, for me, falls
into a 'experience' catagory that I don't have a lot of.  More than being
told "buy this tire", I'm always interested in learning 'why' and any tricks
I can pick up.  That is why I read this list, and try to read between the
lines.  I think sometimes people assume too much, me included.  I can always
learn something new no matter how old the topic.  So I very much enjoyed
learning 'What Do Those Numbers Mean?'.  I just wanted to relate it to my
car, and maybe what other owners are doing.  Something to consider IMHO...

Thanks for listening,
Jesse
'70 B