Re: I can't believe what hardtops are going for.....

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I can't believe what hardtops are going for.....
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:09:23 -0600
Could be. I had a chance to get a top that sounded like it was in similar
condition (plexigas cracked and discolored) along with the entire car (64
MGB) that it went with, totally disassembled, for $500. I passed.

Parts were missing, body was totally rusted.... The owner wanted $150 for
the top itself and had got a lot of interest. But it was shot. I got the
impression that replacing the windows would be a costly venture in itself.
Besides I don't have a B (yet), just the BGT.

I've always been skeptical of auctions. Seen too many things sell for way
too much. But I've been watching Ebay lately and have seen some really bad
deals and a few good ones. I just bought a MGB haynes manual for $6, but I
mostly just get laughs out of some of the things that sell high. Like the
mutant V8 MGB that was selling for 8k this weekend.

David Councill
67 BGT
71 BGT
80 TR7