Re: temp gage no work

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: temp gage no work
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:53:16 +0100
With the ignition briefly ground the green/blue at the block - the needle
should move towards full-scale.  If it does and the gauge doesn't register
anything when the engine is up to temp the sender is faulty.  If it doesn't
register anything either the gauge or the wiring to it is faulty.

With the ignition on you should either have a steady 10v or so or 12v
switching on and off a couple of times a second (once the ignition has been
on for a few seconds) on *both* terminals of the gauge.  If it is on neither
the wiring (light-green/green) back to the stabiliser is faulty.  If it is
on the light-green/green but not the green/blue the gauge is faulty.

If it is on both try grounding the green/blue (NOT the light-green/green) at
the gauge.  If the gauge now moves the green/blue is broken between the
gauge and sender.  If the gauge still does not move it is faulty.

PaulH.