Re: Rostyle Rim Width (was Re: Biggest Tire Size)

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rostyle Rim Width (was Re: Biggest Tire Size)
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 10:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
I'm interested in the measurement between the surfaces
where the bead seats, the outer lips that keep the
bead and side wall from expanding off the rim as it's
filled with air:

|<--A-->|
-|.....|-
.|.....|.
.-------.
....|....
....|....
.-------.
.|.....|.
-|.....|-
|.......|

Dimension "A"

dots=air

OK, I flunked art class...

It's my understanding that that is the dimension that
tire and rim manufacturers refer to as rim width, and
that is the figure I'm after, not overall width as
might be a concern for clearance. I just want the
figure for buying new tires, like, "5 inch rim" or
such.

TIA

jon