Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:59:30 EDT
This past summer I was a student at Cambridge University and the college I
was at, Gonville and Cauis, had some of the best food I'd ever had.  I went
to school at 155lbs and came home at 167.  This could also have been due to
the college pub serving subsidized Caffereys.  But in any event, while
"English Food" is notoriously bad, the English have learned to cook other
peoples food.  just don't go expecting to see a piece of beef.  We had
salmon, chicken, cod, turkey, guinea hen, lamb, strange fish, duck, pheasant,
and prawn in anything....   everything but cow.  So many of them just won't
touch it anymore.  The literally served some form of potatoes at every meal
for two months straight.  But never mashed!!!  Then again, nobody ever did go
on a gastronomic tour of the UK anyway.  I do have a picture of the first MGF
I ever saw... what a neat little car.

----John

   -John