Re: British Leyland Tool

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Leyland Tool
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:37:25 EDT
These tools were owned by the dealers.  Aside from replicas and what you see
at autojumbles, they aren't available.  Most of these tools were not made by
the factory, but iinstead by Church or Churchill (I'm not sure the exact
name).  Jaguar, remarkably, still supplies some oddball tools at outrageous
prices.  The lucky thing is that vastly similiar tools are available... check
out the Lisle section at Pep Boys and you'll be surprised. Also, nobody ever
throws a tool out!!! Former MG dealers like the one in Summit NJ, (now dodge)
and I'm sure the one that used to be on Rt 22 (who now sells Miatas) would
have the tools somewhere!
  Locally, a gentleman who used to own the BMC distributorship for NH lets me
into his barn when I need something strange, like the hydrolastic fluid pump!
 He's got everything for these cars... he never threw a tool out.

   -John