need su dashpot

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: need su dashpot
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:18:33 -0600
I thought I might ask if anyone had a SU dashpot (may also be called the
air chamber, i.e. Moss) they might want to sell me. Or maybe one of you
going to a swap meet might spot one for me since I'm a good thousand miles
from any of those.

My damper keeps coming unscrewed on my 67 BGT and it looks like the dashpot
is the answer. I thought I had a chance to get one from a set of carbs
being sold on Ebay - a set of rough looking used carbs and heatshield. But
all I really need is that one dashpot and I could use the heatshield.
Furious bidding on this item has left my maximum bid of $30 in the dust -
current bid is $57 with 3 days left. For those curious:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=469833858

If anyone can help, just let me know. However, I'll be away from my
computer until Saturday.

Ironically, I did get a complete set of Zenith-Stromberg carbs plus intake
manifold and air filter holder off of Ebay last week for $10.50 but I
noticed the bidding for TR7 parts is considerably less competitive than MGB
parts (which oftentimes end up ridiculously high).

David Councill
67 BGT
71 BGT
80 TR7 conv.