what did jumping the battery do to my B?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: what did jumping the battery do to my B?
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:48:06 -0400 (EDT)
Help!!!  Sigh...battery limited, lights on for a few hours...no juice to
start my '76B for a lovely Saturday trip.

So I jumped the battery with my Caravan's battery. Now I have a whine
which I did not have before this event. The car starts fine now but when
RPM's exceed about 3K a noticeable whine, quite high pitched, is apparent.

The whine does come from the engine bay.  I
would guess that maybe it is the alternator which is new this year or
possibly starting motor windings?   Or  what?

Any and every suggestion will be investigated until this noise goes away
and the car runs fine again.

TIA :-{
Bill
'76B with rippin SU's