next step in the conversion...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: next step in the conversion...
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:58:53 -0700 (PDT)
A while back, I wrote for advice regarding the purchase of HIF carbs
to replace the "Damn ZS" that is on there now.  Thanks the the advice
of the list, I found some for a lot less than I was going to pay
locally (thanks for the buy Stefan!).  Then, I ran out of money.  As a
result, I have two very nice SU AUD 550's sitting in my living room
blissfully unaware of their future in my 75 B.

My next step is to get some filters in the air cleaners I have (if
they fit).  Thus my question (sorry, I tend to ramble):

My air cleaners look like those found on
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/carbs/cb201.htm

I know Barney has an A (wanna trade? :), but my cleaners, aside from
being more cromed look the same (down to the Vokes Ltd label).  I
really would like the look of them in my car, but I don't know if the
rear one will clear the brake servo.  They measure about 5.75 in
diameter, about 2" tall.  Could somebody that has already done this
tell me if I need to go another route, or if these will work.

BTW Barney, I may have found the K&N filter that fits in these
beasties, http://www.martelbros.com/kn/kn.htm is a decently well done
K&N online catalog.

One last note:  I did think about a weber (for about 10 minutes at
most).  I like these better :)

'75 B (my only car)

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.