RE: castle rail repair/replacement advice

To: "Mgs-Owner" <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, <Pointparty@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: castle rail repair/replacement advice
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:05:38 -0700
Replacing the castle rails as a seperate item might be a very difficult
thing to do as though it is the bottom member, it is attached to all the
sills and rockers and floors VERY FIRMLY.

You would probably spend more time redoing the castle as replacing the full
sill unit.

It takes about 50-60 hours for sills and is a daunting task without the
right equipment to take it apart and put it back together. It is NOT like
removing bolt on parts.

See my website below for a 12 page article on Floor Sill Rocker replacement.

"Restoringly" Yours,
Bryce Mack
Classic Auto Restoration Services
BODYWORK - METALFORMING - PREP & PAINT - WOODWORK
Web Page: http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/
FAQ's - How-To's - Tools