Re: Mikuni Carbs

To: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mikuni Carbs
From: "Michael Blair" <mblair@kiva.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:37:56 -0600
Hi Bill,

My 78B had a Mikuni on it when I got it. First, here is where I got parts
for it... well, I got a Jet kit.

Select Sales
     5411 N.W. 72 Ave, Miami, FL  33166
     (305) 888-2828
     Complete line of performance parts for Toyotas including big valve
heads for the
     4AGE, Weber/Mikuni carbs, Wiseco pistons.  Excellent prices.

Second, my car had very similiar problems. After getting the Jet kit I was
able to get it running great. I have a tuning manual that I used, but it
basically came down to trial and error. Stick in some jets, drive, go up or
down a size, drive... took a while but I got it.

I could copy the tuning guide and send it to you, but I am missing the
diagram explaining what each jet is and where it is. I have someone else who
is wanting this info as well, so what I may do it draw it and post it to my
website. Actually, I may just scan the tuning guide and post it to my site
as well so I can point others to it.

Mike