Mikuni Carbs/ Fouled plug

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mikuni Carbs/ Fouled plug
From: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:10:02 -0500
Thanks for your responses to my question about Mikuni carbs. To recap the
history of my current problem, the 72 MGB-GT bought last week and fitted
with Mikuni sidedraft carbs was running fine. Then suddenly it began
running roughly and losing power. The first cylinder plug, I first
thought was gas fouled, but after maximally leaning the fuel mixture, I
believe that the plug may be fouled by a light film of oil. It seems to
foul immediately after starting, as the engine runs roughly from the get
go. The cylinder is getting good fire.The car is fitted with electronic
ignition, I think Crane. The other three plugs appear normal.
Any ideas or suggestions out there? Thanks to everyone helping.

Bill Snyder
66 MGB
72 MGB-GT