Re: Clock Repair

To: Michael Lupynec <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Subject: Re: Clock Repair
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:57:02 -0500
Michael Lupynec wrote:

> And some of the clocks (Jag E type) ran on a special Brit
> accessory battery, not 12 volts of course.

  I put a 30 second tech guide on my web site showing
how I got my E-type clock to run on a D-cell instead
of that crazy mercury cell:

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/e-type/fixing_clock.html

  ...in reality of course it's just hooking up the wires,
so the site is more of a "of course it works" rather than
a "here is a mystical secret you'll never see anywhere
else".

  I have a 12V clock in my Magnette that doesn't work
though, does anybody know what type the clocks were
in 1958?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca