Re: Sun Roof?

To: kcmgb <kcmgb@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Sun Roof?
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 08:39:25 -0500
kcmgb wrote:

> Does anyone know who was the original manufacture of the sun roofs that
> appeared on our cars as factory options in the late sixties and early
> seventies I think they were called "Wabosto" (sp?)

(snip)

Just to clarify - sun roofs were not offered as factory options.  Period.  I
will certainly agree that some dealers arranged to have Tudor Webasto sunroofs
installed and that cars were sold and delivered that way.  The argument about
whether this is "original" is not one I choose to get into - but the factory
never offered this as a build option.  (Ref:  Original MGB, Anders Clausager)

Bill