Re: SU Fast idle and choke problem

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Fast idle and choke problem
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:00:43 -0000
You did set the fast-idle speed at the correct choking point, but what was
the normal idle like before you did that?  I would expect full choke to
cause very poor running as it would be running far too rich.  Unless you
either push the choke in half-way (for example, you learn by experience) as
soon as the engine fires it will be so rich that simply pushing the choke in
after that will cause the engine to die unless you open the throttle a
little as well until the excess fuel has burnt off.  'Unscrewing' the fast
idle screws will reduce the fast idle speed.

PaulH.