RE: More questions - with an addition

To: "DuhCaddyhm" <wadleigh@syix.com>
Subject: RE: More questions - with an addition
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:01:37 -0700
>The distributor is actually IN incorrectly, but only because the distributor
>drive (inside the
engine block) is IN incorrectly.

Sorry Sue, but if your timing is 180 degrees off the above statement can't be
true.  Remember the
distributor will only go in the distributor drive one way, not two ways.  The
distributor drive can
be inserted 9 different ways, which means each tooth represents 40 degrees. (if
this is the problem
you could be off 40, 80, 120, 160, 200, etc degrees off).  There is another
possible issue, but it
shouldn't result in 180 degrees.  You may have a mismatch between the crank
pulley and the timing
cover, I'll let someone else explain this.

I just thought of one more item.  Perhaps the plug wires are installed in the
wrong order?  Try
timing the car with the #4 cylinder.

For an image of the distributor drive see:

http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/DistDrive.jpg

Larry Hoy