Speedvision, surfing and MGA's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedvision, surfing and MGA's
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:35:54 -0500 (EST)
Being ill has its advantages. For the first time in awhile, the winter
ills sent me home early.  I had a chance to surf the boob tube in my
stupor, so what do I see:  the 1956 Alpine Rally on Legends of Motorsports
specializing in a Ladies First rally. The winner, Nancy Mitchell???, drove
a lovely hard top MGA. A few other racers did, too, as well as some Tri*oomphs
and others I was not familiar with. Hell, I was 8 1/2 years old
then-younger than SCOTTY. I  thought the Corvette was the ultimate, but
then, tastes change.  The A is a
damn fine looking vehicle and was then, too. The scenery is far nicer than
Southern New Jersey (after all, the nearest 8000 ft peak is only a few
thousand kilometers from here).

The race footage was followed by a circa 1963-4 advertisement the
newfangled MGB driven by an Emma Peel clone and featured both hard and
soft-top B models.

Lovely cars, I must say.

Bill
'76B